On Sat, May 27, 2000 at 05:14:33PM -0400, L0rd DarkF0rce wrote:
->
-> I have a Win2K partition on my machine and I need to transfer data
-> from it into my Linux PArtition, but for som ereason I can not mount
-> it.  Can anyone point me in the right direction???  TIA for any help!

Is it properly identified in /etc/fstab? I have:

/dev/sda1               /mnt/dosc               vfat    defaults        0 0

for a SCSI disk, and

/dev/hda1               /mnt/dosd               vfat    defaults        0 0

for an IDE drive. You may have to change the drive letter or partition
number.

These fstab entries will only allow root to mount, and only allow root to
write. Any user may read.

Do the mount points exist?

What error messages are you getting?

--

                -- C^2

No windows were crashed in the making of this email.

Looking for fine software and/or web pages?
http://w3.trib.com/~ccurley