I normally forward ports for POP3 and SMTP (ie, -L 2223:mailbox.myisp.com:25 -L
2222:mailbox.myisp.com:110 ) with SSH.
However, they upgraded to SSH 2.0.10 from ssh.com, and I'm using the Mandrake
OpenSSH.

I can connect to them (for telnet like usage) by using the "-2" switch to force
SSH version 2 mode on.  However, when I attempt to forward ports, everything
appears to work until I try to connect through the forwarded port, at which
time I get an error ("Trying to read more bytes than in buffer") and my SSH
client dies off.

I've installed the regular ssh2 from ftp.ssh.com and it works, but I would have
liked to use OpenSSH instead. Anybody have a solution?

Thanks,
Jay Summet