From: Sevatio Octavio [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, May 29, 2000 9:48 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [expert] Can't Pinpoint Problem - Experts Please Help.

I have yet to figure out why my Mandrake 7.0-2 does this...  Perhaps some of
you will have a solution.

This happens in both Gnome and KDE.  When I'm using several apps at once
(Staroffice, Gimp, Toppage, Netscape - not necessarily all
of these at one time), some process would just take over and use all the CPU
to process something that makes the harddrive work real
hard.  Meanwhile I can barely get the mouse or keyboard to respond.  Usually
not enough of a response to do anything.  If I don't
reset the machine, this can go on for up to an hour and then it would end up
at the Penguin Login prompt.  What is causing this?
It's driving me crazy!!!

Thanks,
Seve