On 31 May, Charles Curley wrote:
> I ought to have added, the way to check for overlapping is to compare the
> cylinder numbers. Logical partitions can begin on the first cylinder of
> the extended partition in which they reside, and can end on the last
> cylinder of the extended partition. Logical partitions may not share
> cylinders with each other, and primary and extended partitions may not
> share cylinders either.
>
> Also, all partitions have to be contiguous, as we do not deal with RAID
> issues at this level.
>
> ->
> -> My apologies to Laurent, and my thanks
>
> Ought to have added, my thanks to everyone, especially Jean-Louis Debert
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> for straightening me out.
>
> May I take my foot out of my mounth now?

Well, I don't know about others but it sure was enlightening to me. Now I
have to make a decision:

Fiddle with the partition tables using partition magic to try and set things
straight or reinstall the whole thing. I think I'll be going with option B.
My swap space is too large and there are some other issues to contend with
also. Oh well, that's what this whole thing is about. At least I'm not
reinstalling for a stoopid reason.

Thanks to all,

Laurent Duperval                   "Montreal winters are an intelligence test,
U|Force - Java Center                     and we who are here have failed it."
Phone: (514) 282-8484 ext. 228                                   -Doug Camilli
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]      Penguin Power!