Has anyone got any experience of getting the sound card in the HP Brio's
to work under Mandrake. lspcidrake reports it as

Cirrus Logic|CS 4614/22/24 [CrystalClear SoundFusion Audio Accelerator]

which I understand isn't supported by the default kernel but can be made
to work with the ALSA drivers. I've tried compiling and installing the
packages from the ALSA website (http://www.alsa-project.org) but with no
apparent success (I just seem to get static out of the soundcard!).

I did do it in fits and starts since this is my work machine and I only
get to play when the network is being shifted around or similar.

Anyone got any ideas?  GOt it working, thought of something I may have
missed?  I've tried playing with various mixers and I can change the
volume of static I get, but no proper sound :(   I have a vague idea
that 7.1 includes a sort of ALSA RPM, if this is the case I'll probably
re-install with that, but I can't remember where I got that idea from so
it may just be made up!

Lee
--
+---------------"PlusNet  - The smarter way to Internet"----------------