:~>Is it possible to change the location of a MySQL DB?  I have one that has
:~>eaten most of my space on /dev/sda5 my /var.  How can I change the location
:~>of a db on /var/lib/mysql and have MySQL create new other databases in
:~>another location?  Thanks in advance,
:~>
:~>Cecil
[short]
take the directory with database and move it to some other partition. Then
mount this other partition to the place where these data used to be, and
DB will not even notice that anything has changed. And stop thinking in
windows terms .-)

cu
        Denis
Dr. Denis Havlik                <http://www.ap.univie.ac.at/users/havlik>
Mandrakesoft            |||     e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Quality Assurance      (@ @)    (private: [EMAIL PROTECTED])
Hi! I'm a .signature virus! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me
spread! ([EMAIL PROTECTED])