Ivan Trail wrote:

> hello,
>
> When tryign to configure the gaim tar.gz this is what I get:
>
> [root@localhost gaim-0.9.18]# ./configure
> checking for a BSD compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
> checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... yes
> checking for working aclocal... found
> checking for working autoconf... found
> checking for working automake... found
> checking for working autoheader... found
> checking for working makeinfo... missing
> checking host system type... configure: error: can not guess host type; you must
>specify one
> [root@localhost gaim-0.9.18]#
>
> Is there a package I need to Install to get the makeinfo to work?  Is this the
> reason I need to tell it the host system type?  how do I know the host system
> type?  Is there a man page to read?
>
> Thanks for the help.
> Ivan

Yes, you need the development install or at least a shade of it.

The package you seek is make-x.y-zmdk.rpm where x, y, and z are
numbers.  Most likely, you will need to install a few development
libraries as well.  If you have the 7.1 CDs, drop them in and
select Upgrade with an install class of Custom/Development...  I
don't think this will work with 7.0-2,,,, You'll have to seek out
and install the packages with 'make' and 'develop' in the name
which are not already installed.  RPMDrake is good at this, one
package at a time.

Civileme