Hi -
I've got a USR internal PCI modem (the flavor that has
all the necessary UART hardware). I've always
configured it from rc.local with the following:

setserial /dev/ttyS3 port 0x2070 irq 11 uart 16550A

Odd selection of port and irq, but that is what
windows chose, and my linux box has been happy with it
through RH6.0, RH6.1, and Mandrake 7.0. But now it is
failing me and I'm at a loss - I can't talk to it at
all under Mandrake 7.1. Have there been some subtle
changes to setserial or the kernel that is breaking
this? Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?

Puzzled in California.