The kernel-2.2.16-2mdk is available by ftp from most of the mandrake mirrors in
the cooker directory. I wish it was an update for 7.0 but I managed to get it
working anyway. Does anyone here know the correct way to upgrade a kernel by
rpm? I got mine working but I don't think I did it the recommended way. In the
past I've always just recompiled, but I'd like to know how this is supposed to
be done on RPM based systems.
        TIA,
                Adam

 On Mon, 12 Jun 2000, you wrote: > Hello... >  >
After a rather large list of alarming security flaws discovered in 2.2.15 >
(and are apparently in older kernels like 2.2.14) I think a security > update
for Mandrake 7.0 is very important.   >  > While I recompiled the kernel with
custom patches on one box,  I > personally have a box lacking a compiler and
have friends running Mandrake > systems with a default kernel so recompiling
the kernel is not nessisary > the answer.  I don't think its fair to leave all
the newbies that started > Linux with mandrake out there with such large
security holes and bugs. >