Hi .

        First of all, this new release is REAL optimized.  Nice!
        Some little troubles on some features (like get the /mnt with no
permission at
all, what frozen my system on the "mount /mnt/cdrom" on one machine), but still
a really good performance.
        But on a machine, that was using a really old ISA 3com 3c509 net card ,
the
install detected it, but on the reboot the system lost the settings.
        I've tried , on the last "round" , 3 different settings on the bios of the
card (
using it's software on DOS) , but the system gave it up.
        And, at all, the previous Mandrake releases detected all the ISA net cards

smoothly ( the most of them was OLD DE 220 ISA cards), but 7.1 failed.
        Why this?
        Using manual configuration the cards worked fine. But the first case
still's in
trouble. I've changed from 3com to de220 , configured it, but now the network is
not responding. The machine ping itself , the module is ok , but NO network.
        Any help will be appreciated.

Regards

Leonardo T. de Carvalho
Gerente de Redes