Sorry - not the most helpful appeal for help....

My situation is as described below. When sending to Freeserve and
one or two others I get a message that refers me to
mail-abuse.org and specifically to the DUL list.  Either my IP
address is being used by someone evil or Freeserve just will not
accept anything but mail through an ISP smtp server.
I wondered if there was a way of dealing with this - registering
somewhere, whatever.

Sorry again for idiotic first attempt.

Glyn M.

On Tue, Jun 13, 2000 at 02:34:10PM +0100, thus spake Lee Willis:
> Glyn Millington <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > I'm on a dial-up connection with Mandrake 7. Following Civilme's
> > inspirational email which came through on the digest yesterday, I
> > decided to bypass my ISP's smtp set-up and send mail out there
> > myself.  The ISP's outward post system is erratic to say the
> > least, and if it goes wrong this way I know who to blame...
> >
> > Freeserve is pretty big in the UK and they will not accept mail
> > from my humble machine.
>
> Why not? What is the error?  I'd presume that it is something to do with
> reverse lookups but unless you post an error message it's difficult to
> tell ...
>
> Regards
> Lee
> --
> | Lee Willis                      Fixed cost Internet access available @
> | Application Developer                              http://www.plus.net
> | PlusNet Technologies Ltd
> +---------------"PlusNet  - The smarter way to Internet"----------------

       * "The soul is greater than the hum of its parts. "  *
       *                 Douglas Hoftstatder                *