Here's some things to check for:

- IP Masquerading is on
- forwarding is on for the address of the virtual machine
/sbin/ipchains -A forward -s 192.168.x.x/24 -j MASQ
where 192.168.x.x is the IP address given to win2k
- Gateway on the win2k vm is set to the vmware IP address (not the
external address) of your linux box (if your vm is 192.168.1.100, then
your machine would be 192.168.1.1)

Good luck, hope this was of some help!
Rich