Kerry Waldrip wrote:

> I have to upgrade!  I'm running MD 7.0 on a Cyrix 166 chip and an antiquated
> video card.  I'm going to purchase an Athlon processor, but have no idea for a
> good motherboard.  I'd really appreciate some good suggestions.  Not a techie
> just yet.  TIA!

Kerry,

CPU    AMD K7-750 - picked up CPU, heat sink, dual cooling fans for $250 US.
Mobo   Abit KA-7  - love this board  ATX style, 6 PCI, 1 ISA, 1 AGP-4
Memory 128Mb - PC133
Video  Diamond something or other (will upgrade to an AGP latter in life)
H/D    Maxtor 40G UDMA66
Sound  SB live    - this card rocks!
CD-ROM Creative labs 52X

PLEASE get yourself a couple of extra fans to put in the case.  You can never have
enough of these baby's

--
Joseph S. Gardner
Senior Designer / Technical Support