Same experience here with a HP 6540C, nomo Riptide!
I've tripled the RAM, and tripled the HD space.
The only thing I had to work at was getting the
Intel 810 video to work. Intel has the drivers you
need (agpart.o module). Be sure to download the
instructions with the module/server/driver type
files.
Vern