"Joseph S. Gardner" wrote:

> Ray wrote:
>
> > I think it is a great feature that you can use the same install to install the
> > powerpack. They are not pushing anythng you can uncheck them real easy...
> > Added funtionality and people assume the worst. I would love to be able to pick
> > all of my packages at one time to install
> >

> Silly me, why didn't I think of that.
>
> Of course I did just that and then I rechecked the "Applications" selection not
> knowing that there was another UNSUPPORTED  disk thinking that perhaps someone
> might have simply mislabeled the disk and "Extras" might have been "Applications".
>
> If you're going to offer 4 disk's then support ALL of them not just the ones that
> make you more money by being packaged in a power pack, if you're not going to
> support this "Extras" disk SAY SO it sure would have saved a lot of "rant mail".
> This disk was clearly labeled MANDRAKE if it was not one of yours then you need to
> contact the distributor (www.lsl.com) if it is one of yours then how about
> supporting it.
>
> As it stands I now have NO IDEA what did and did not get installed (thanks), the
> install gave absolutely no clue what selecting the wrong disk failed to install.  I
> mean come on folks this is not rocket science you came SO close to making it easy
> then yanked to carpet out from under me.

You need to go in text mode to figure that out.  Hit  F1 on the opening disk boot
screen and type "text expert " on the command line--That was a much more comfortable
install for me.  But the big thing is--it complains if a package is "not found",
unlike the graphic mode.

Also hidden under F1 is the fact (surprise) that the 7.1 install CD is a rescue
disk--no floppies needed.

Civileme