I did.  I'm really glad that I've got a built-in CD-RW now, 'cause it
killed the machine, but it works just fine.  Go to the parallel-port
page for information; it's been a while and I'm sorta rusty on it now.

(Basically the parallel port devices all run either SCSI or IDE over
parallel, so you load some parallel-port modules to give you an IDE or
SCSI device, and from there it's just like having one that's not on a
paralle port, except that it's about 1/10 as fast so you'll be lucky if
you can burn at 1x without underflow.

(That was my problem--I couldn't burn more than about 1/5 of a CD before
I underflowed; that was on a P-166 but it had a cruddy parallel port;
with the right sort of fast parallel port it's supposed to work a lot
better.)

--
"Brian, the man from babble-on"              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Brian T. Schellenberger                      http://www.babbleon.org