Sevatio Octavio wrote:

> I'm helping someone kick the M$ habit but I'm stuck with AT&T's Cablemodem email
>setup.  Looking at IE Owchluk-Xpress, it has the
> POP3 and SMTP set as "mail".  How do they get away with just "mail"?  So if I wanted
>to use Kmail instead, what would I put down for
> POP3 & SMTP servers?  .... mail.home.com doesn't work and I can't get through to
>their crappy support center.
>
> Seve

you can just use mail for both, but you must have the actual domain name that this
machine is in. for example:

cgws1.ab.wave.home.com

this must be specified in /etc/resolv.conf:

search cgws1.ab.wave.home.com
nameserver 24.64.2.33
nameserver 24.65.2.34

this should be configured using linux-config in Name server specification. if you are
using dhcp to configure your connection, this
will get filled in automatically, provided that you use the correct host name for you
machine, eg:

CS938382-A.cgws1.ab.wave.home.com

and leave the "primary name + domain", aliases, IP address, and netmask fields blank
in the adaptor specification in "basic host
information".