I might  be ready to hang myself.

I live in a rural area of Pennsylvania, USA. I have a "mom and pop" phone
company/isp that cannot even spell ISDN. I was shocked when they announced
ADSL for my area (I even live within the 2.5 mile radius from my POP as
required). I thought my unreliable and s-l-o-w (24000 baud) ISP connection
blues were finally over. I was disappointed (but not surprised) to learn
that my telco/isp does something weird to make it difficult for me. They
require the use of PPPoE (PPP over Ethernet). I think they are using it for
radius authentication through PPP-PAP (at least they do this for dial-up
accounts).

I use a Mandrake 6.1 box for ppp dial on demand and simple firewall
services. I was hoping I could just add a second NIC and interface it with
my DSL router, but I guess it isn't that simple. Is there a PPPoE solution
(the simpler the better, RPM's appreciated) for Linux/Mandrake?