Hello all,
I've been fighting with NFS for several months (off and on) and still run into
a screwball problem.
I can only connect (or mount, if you will) one way. Machine 1 (boss) will not
connect to machine 2 (darkstar) to mount the exported directory. I can ping,
telnet and FTP to darkstar anytime I want with no prob's.
Darkstar, on the other hand mounts the exported directory just fine.
The message I get is connection refused both during boot and during a netfs
restart. Civileme was kind enough to send a step-by-step instruction sheet and
I have followed it faithfully in order to get where I'm at at this time..
It is most likely something I have overlooked causing my problem as I have had
the same problem with several distro's. The one exception was Corel 1.0 set up
as a linux to linux SAMBA network, worked flawlessly..
I installed LM 7.1b3 on both machines, went through the whole process of
setting up the domain, IP addresses, exported directories, hosts, and
resolve.conf. I have compared the settings on both machines - identical except
for IP addresses and hostnames.
I'm goin' nutz trying to figure this out, anybody have a suggestion?
Oh, for what it's worth, I (don't kill me to death) run both machines as root.
Neither machine has any security concerns as they are test-bench machines.
Thanks in advance to all,
 Ken Thompson
Electrocom Computer Services
1801 Wayne Dr.