With many years of Unix experience, I've usually just used
windows and telnet in to my unix boxes for support or
programming.  So my X-windows is limited (2 yrs on HP).
I've never used remote $DISPLAY settings.

With my monitor problems, if I could just use my NT
machine to connect to my linux server and 'pretend'
and use X-windows that way, then cool.  I believe
I have a license to X-win but once tried to configure
it to a unix box without much success.  From my same
PC, I would also want to remote $DISPLAY when I dual-boot
into Linux (or from within VMWare).

Please provide tutorial links or explanations on how
to use $DISPLAY to connect to remote unix/linux boxes.

How can I set my linux server firewall to allow me
to remote access it from work (restrict IP) ?

When I did a 'msec custom', I believe I turned off
the ability to do remote $DISPLAY, so how do I reset
that ?

Thanks... Dan.