Hello all,

I've been trying to get the Quake III demo working on my system:
Dual PII 333 192mb
Voodoo 3 3000 16MB AGP
SoundBlaster AWE 64
Mandrake 7.1 install (with XFree 3.3.6 initally).

I downloaded and installed the Q3Demo and everything appeared to go ok until I
ran it. When I did, the sound was very choppy, and the mouse would barely move.
I had to press the tab key 5 times to get down to exit and hit return (took it
about 2 seconds between moves.)

I figured it might be GPM, so I killed gpm off, no difference.
I figured I may as well try upgrading to XFree86 4.0 so I did so (downloading
directly from XFree86.org) and had the same problems. Then I noticed the
XFree86 4.0 mdk.rpm on the install CD, so I erased my current setup and used
that to upgrade to 4.0, same problem.

(X windows is working correctly in all cases other than the Q3Demo problems
outlined above.)

It appears that my version of Xfree doesn't matter, and I was wondering if
anybody else had fixed this problem?

Thanks,
Jay