Jean-Louis wrote:
JLD> Are you sure that you have no way _in the BIOS_ to _disable_ the PS/2
JLD> port ??? I had the same problem with 7.0 because on that box (old HP)
JLD> there was _no way_ to disable the PS/2 port. But if your BIOS has
JLD> some config line to disable it, I cannot believe that it would show
JLD> during install ...

Yes, I have that option, but even with it disabled, the serial mouse
does not work and the mouse config screen defaults to PS/2! At the
office where I have no PS/2 at all, ttyS0 was used automatically.

JLD> On that particular box, where I also use a serial mouse (very old
JLD> Logitech C7) i bypassed the problem by finding a specific cable
JLD> (serial to PS/2) which I used for the install only.

I tried enabling the PS/2 port and using a serial-to-PS/2 adapter, but
that didn't change anything. I don't know if the PS/2 port is broken
or what on my mainboard, but it doesn't work in Windows, either.

I could live with all of the above if only the text install didn't
crash.

Lane
____
Lane Lester / Madison County, Georgia USA
----