----- Original Message -----
From: "Ralph F. De Witt" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, June 27, 2000 7:58 AM
Subject: Re: [expert] Quake3 and Diamond Stealth III S540

> On Wed, 28 Jun 2000, you wrote:
> > Has any one gotten Q3 to run with this card??
> >
> > Thanks
> > --
> > Joe Gardner
> > www.handi-krafts.com
> >
> > This is Linux country.
> > On a clear day you can
> > hear Windows reboot.
>
> The only thing I have gotten to run with my S540 extreme is Civilization
Call
> to Power. From others more knowledgeable it seems that 3D will never be
> supported with this card.  They recommend biting the bullet and getting a
3dfx
> 3000.

Nvidia's drivers for X 4.0 apparently work O.K now (have heard of them
crashing
occasionally but nothing major), so GeForce & TNT2 are now an option....
 Matrox work O.K. too. www.lokigames.com will have details.
X 4.0.1 should fix the problem with DGA mouse, & shouldn't be far away
now...
N.B. Nvidias drivers are binary only, if that's an issue for you....

-WBD