I hope you installed MASQ and are maquerading all of the computers.

CuteFTP, 3DFTP and almost all FTP clients (including the browser) work with
masq properly IF you've loaded the ip_masq_ftp module.

The ports you "left" open will interfere with Masq working with other
applications as well.

Make sure you load ALL if the Masq modules...

I.E.

/sbin/depmod -a
/sbin/modprobe ip_masq_autofw
/sbin/modprobe ip_masq_cuseeme
/sbin/modprobe ip_masq_ftp
/sbin/modprobe ip_masq_irc
/sbin/modprobe ip_masq_mfw
/sbin/modprobe ip_masq_portfw
/sbin/modprobe ip_masq_quake
/sbin/modprobe ip_masq_raudio
/sbin/modprobe ip_masq_user
/sbin/modprobe ip_masq_vdolive
/sbin/modprobe ip_masq_icq
/sbin/modprobe ip_masq_h323
/sbin/modprobe ip_masq_pptp
/sbin/modprobe ip_masq_pptp
/sbin/modprobe ip_masq_ipsec
/sbin/modprobe ip_gre
/sbin/modprobe ipip
/sbin/modprobe rarp

And have properly set up masq...

Remember that you -MUST- turn on routing in Linuxconf (or manually), even
though the first thing your firewall rules should do is deny routing!

Then try a simple MASQ setup...

I.E.

sbin/ipchains -P forward DENY
sbin/ipchains -A forward -j MASQ -s 10.0.0.0/8 -d 0.0.0.0/0

And check to see how FTP works with this.

-JMS