Submitted 07-Jul-00 by Bob Puff@NLE:
> Ok, so if I'm basically OK, how do I get rid of the daily "security
> warnings" in my mail?  How is this turned off?

You need to set a custom security level (preferred) or reduce your
security level.  custom levels can be defined using
/usr/share/msec/custom.sh

> On another topic: I put some stuff in my rc.local file that is not
> executing upon bootup.  In fact, I don't think -any- of my rc.local
> is executing, because when I run it manually, my "mods" work fine.
> What script calls this file?

It's not called by a script, per se.  There should be a symlink
/etc/rc.d/rc[2-5].d/S99local which points to it.

P.S. for the sake of readability, please set your mail client to wrap
long lines in outgoing messages.

--
       _
     _|_|_