Chmouel Boudjnah wrote:

> "Brian T. Schellenberger" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > It seems pretty obvious that they DIDN'T think about it.
>
> i did the implementation of ''Clean up /tmp'' and i don't see what is
> the problem ? you can have problem if you have a cron who delete the
> .X* files when X running but since it is only in the initscripts there
> is _no_ problems.
>
> > It's been fixed in 7.1 anyway, as I understand it.
>
> --
> MandrakeSoft Inc                http://www.mandrakesoft.com
> San-Francisco, CA USA                             --Chmouel

In 7.0, I deleted my /tmp partition and created a brand new one.
Then I rebooted.

X would not start.

*That* is the problem.

/tmp should contain only temporary files; it should be perfectly safe to
wipe out the entire contents of /tmp and reboot, but with 7.0 it is not.

Again, this is apparently fixed in 7.1, and moreover I don't think it
has anything to do with the "clean up /tmp" code; it's a bug in the X &
fontserver packages, so I'm not blaming you (unless you put those
packages together as well).

--
"Brian, the man from babble-on"              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Brian T. Schellenberger                      http://www.babbleon.org