Denis Havlik wrote:

> No. Our beta-testing period for 7.1 was 3-4 x longer than for 7.0, and
> there was nothing even near to "abrupt cesation" of testing. There were 3
> public betas, and we did not receive any "critical bug reports" for the
> third one, so we had all the reason to beleive that 7.1 will be a good
> product (and it is).

Oh, dear, where have you been?   I reported one show-stopper on beta
3, and labelled my message about in in the cooker mailing list as
"SHOW STOPPER".  As usual, there was no response from Mandrake, and
the release proceeded regardless.   This is a damning indictment of
your procedures, so let us please have no more delusional postings
such as the parent to this message.   Mandrake does not run any
activity which could rightly be called a beta test - that's a simple
fact!   What was being tested was changing nearly every day!

--

Regards,

Ron. [AU] - sent by Mandrake Linux.