Daniel Hammer wrote on Sun Jul 09, 2000 at 02:02:46PM:

> I am trying to get php working on my webserver, but
> even simple scripts like

>         <?php echo "Hello World<P>"; ?>
>
> don't work. I have installed apache and all modules
> for php that come with Mandrake 7.1.
>
> What must be done additionally to get things working ???

does your webserver parse the files for php-code?

i have both php3 and php4 installed (compiled from sources)
and had to add

--snip
LoadModule php3_module        libexec/libphp3.so
LoadModule php4_module        libexec/libphp4.so

AddModule mod_php3.c
AddModule mod_php4.c

AddType application/x-httpd-php3 .php3
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
--snip

to the appropriate sections of /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf

hth,

matthias