Hi all:
I have Mandrake 7.1 and over this weekend I have installed a SCSI card.  This
is first SCSI card in the system.  The hardware configuration program came up
and detected the new card on boot-up and configured it.  I have found out that
the card was correctly identified at hardware detection and is properly listed
in the hardware list.  My problem is that the only device attached to the card
a UMAX S 6E scanner is not seen by sane when I try to configure it. I have also
noted that when I reboot the SCSI card is not noticed.  The system states,
SCSI: 0 Host
SCSI: DEDECTED  or something to that effect.  I have looked around the Mandrake
Users org but can not find anything that points me in the direction to go.  Can
anyone point me where to look to correct this problem?  Thanks in advance.

--
Ralph F. De Witt

Proud user of Mandrake 7.1 Linux
Register Linux User 168814
ICQ #49993234

No Windoze were broken in the making of this Message.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"
    -Benjamin Franklin