Hello everybody

I have installed Mandrake 7.1 on a i586 (intel PIIX ide controler). The purpose of
this computer is "just" firewalling and forwarding so i would like my hard disk to
spin down after a few time but even if i specifie a spin down time of 5 seconds
(hdparm -S 1 /dev/hda), it doesn't stop.
I have check my interrupts (cat /proc/interrupts) and i have noticed that every 5
seconds, 16, 32 or 40 interrupts are added to my ide0 controler (even when i boot
using linux -s).
What's wrong with the kernel ??
I have the same trouble on my K6-2 + Asus P5A ...
I need help because this Hard Disk is really noisy and it doesn't need to spin all the
time ...
Thanks in advance