On Fri, 14 Jul 2000, Ben Sugerman wrote:

> I would like to install ssh on Mdk 7.1, but the 2.0 sounce code fails in
> mid-compile with a complaint that it can not find -ltermcap.  I tried using the
> rpm for redhat but it makes a number of complaints during the initialization of
> the host keys, etc.  I've tried installing the openssh rpms from Mandrake, but
> it seems to leave out a *lot* of useful files, like ssh itself!!!
>
> Anyone played around with this and have some ideas on the easiest way to
> proceed?

If you have perl, openssl-devel, tcp-wrappers, and gnome-devel installed
go to:

http://www.heronforge.net/~stephen/programs/openssh-2.1.0p2-1.src.rpm

I edited the spec file a little on this to be more tolerant.  It has
worked on every Mandrake and Redhat system I have tried it on.  Use
rpm --rebuild and install as usual.

--
Stephen Carville <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Network Engineer