Jeff

      I hope this helps.

    Stop USB from automatically starting. In X you can click on DrakConf, go
to startup services, and deselect USB. Also make sure USB is turned off in
your bios.
     Check the next time you reboot to see if you still get the same message.

     As for your other questions, I have the same numlock problem that you
have.
      I also use a microsoft intellimouse and I have had  problems with it
also (I am using Mandrake 7.0)
      When all esle fails blame M$

Jeff Malka wrote:

> I could not get an answer to this in the newbie list and therefore thought
> to try the Expert list.  I hope you will forgive the cross posting.
>
> Jeff Malka <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Registered Linux user  183185

begin:vcard
n:Allard;Dany
tel;fax:+1.403.253.5580
tel;work:+1.403.253.5531
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.alterna.com
org:Alterna Technolies Group Inc.;Shared Service Center
version:2.1
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:Technology Analyst
adr;quoted-printable:;;Alterna Technologies Group Inc.=0D=0ASuite 200, 5970 Centre Street SE;Calgary;Alberta;T2H 0C1;Canada
x-mozilla-cpt:;0
fn:Dany Allard
end:vcard