Hi there,
We are currently switching from Windows98
to Linux for all our Internet machines.  These
machines are primarily for web browsing and
email.  A total of 15 machines.  Now we need
access to web pages with java and when we access
such a page, Netscape freezes and the cpu usage
for ld-linux.so.2 goes up to 99% and the whole
machine slows down.  I tried the unsupported
Netscape for linux 2.2 and it did the same thing
except netscape uses 99% of the CPU instead of
ld-linux.so.2.  currently we are trying to
standardize on Netscape for all our email and
browsing for both Linux and Windows.  I am now
ready to give up and go to win2K and back to IE
and outlook.  Is there a way to fix this problem
or do we just remove Linux from the desktop all
together.

The problem here is that we want all our users
both Win and Lin to use the same browser. not mix
explorer and opera etc.

Thanks Andy.

P3 500
128MB ram