Dennis Robertson wrote:

> Hello List,
> I have been using a script provided by Alan Shoemaker back in Feb to run rdate
> as an hourly cron job.  This sets the time when I am connected.  Now I am using
> dial on demand the cron job initiates a connection every hour, which I don't
> want.  Can anyone provide a script which will tell rdate to run each time I
> connect and then keep quiet, please?  Socketwatch and Clockwise are 2 programs
> that do this in Windows.

PPPD can be configured to run a script after starting the link.  run
man pppd
To find the right option (I don't recall right now).
Just make a script like something in /etc/ppp/connect-script, put everything you
want in there (flush postfix quees, run fetchmail, rdate, whatever), and there ya
go.

Sean Middleditch