I posted here as this is obviously not a problem for a beginner

This time try XF86Setup
      I get Server specification missing in card database. Trident Cyber
9320 (generic) (line 2537)
      Segmentation fault cored dumped

I get the same error about the card data base if I use XF86Setup.

I guess Mandrake Linux may not be for me. I tried this on two machines and
the same error is the result.

Machines
P3500 with 15 gig and 20 gig drives. 256 Meg memory. Viper II video. (This
works during setup until the failure). Linux on the
15 gig drive. The boot partition is at the front of the drive. It is the 2nd
drive in dos. This is NOT a large drive problem.

REMEMBER THAT VERSION  7 WORKS PERFECTLY. I am upgrading to get wheelmouse
support and support for my video card.

Can anyone help. this has been a 3 week NIGHTMARE.

PII 300 with 6 gig drive and 2.1 gig drive. Linux on the 6 gig which is C in
dos. Proves it is not a large drive problem. 64 Meg memory.

--
Gil Baron W0MN http://members.home.net/gbaron/
44:04:55.9 N 92:30:46.206 W 1050' NAD27