You specify a mount point from within linux. You can mount a filesystem as
follows:

mount /dev/hd?x /mountpoint

where /dev/hd?x is the drive and the partition you want to mount (for example
/dev/hda1 is the first partition on the primary master drive, /dev/hdb1 the 1st
part in the primary slave drive....)
You can mount your partition wherever you want. A mount point is a "folder" in
the linux filesystem.

You can also use linuxconf to mount partitions.

vern, escribió:
> After adding a new hard drive to my system and creating
> an ext2fs type partition, how do I add this to my file
> system table?? I would like to have Mdk 7.1 to start using
> this partition. I created the partition with PartitionMagic
> and did not specify a mount point at the time of creation.
> Do I need to go back into PartionMagic and do this??
> Any help with the above would be most appreciated!!
> vern
*Guillermo Belli        -        Linux User #121340*
*                 ICQ #38321312                    *
*http://sites.netscape.net/memo81 (en construccion)*