On Mon, 17 Jul 2000, you wrote:
> Since my Diamond Viper II on one system and Maxi Gamer  Voodoo Banshee on
> the other do not work in version 7.1 and X 3.6 or 4, can anyone recommend a
> GOOD FAST card that works in both Linux 7.1 and windows 2000.
> I am not sure I am ready to buy a new card but I don't want to make another
> error.
> Thanks, and if you have actually used the card and it works in 7.1 and if
> possible with X 4 that would be the best.

Well, I put a brand new Vodoo3 2000 in my homebuilt Duron system.  It
installed without a hitch and is working flawlessly.

I think there are some tuning tricks I can do when I get time, for
accelerated 3d rendering.   They are already documented in the cooker
archives--(author is Guillaume Cottenceau).

As for wheel mouse support, you do not need all of 7.1 for that.  Again, the
cooker archives have many threads about it when it was being added, and how
to load/use it etc.

Civileme