Hi,

I got some advice on how to fix my problem when I tried to upgrade my
2.2.14-15mdk kernel on Mandrake 7.0. I dont have access to that specific email
right now since it is on my windows partiton...so I can not contact you
personally just yet, but thanks for the help but had to reinstall.

Somehow when I upgraded my kernel I screwed up lilo.conf and did not list the
correct bootable kernel. When I tried to reboot, it would just freeze. I could
boot from floppy but could never fix lilo.conf. Tools I needed, vi, lilo, ed, I
could see but they would not work at all. cp, mv cat and the like did. Finally
I just decided to reinstall 7.0 and an update. It took four tried because I
could not update lilo.conf and it demanded kernels to be in /boot that were not
there. So I did a cp on the main kernel (bootable) and renamed it to the
kernels lilo.conf wanted (probably a better way, but I could not find one).

Any way, I am up and running now.

Best Regards, Bruce