Hi Mandrake Experts,

I am trying to run Mandrake 7.1 on a Dell 2400 server with an AMI megaraid controller.

I have installed LM 7.1 successfully however when the machine reboots it does not load
the megaraid.o module and fails to mount any partitions. Thus the kernel panics etc.
etc.

I have tried to make an initial ramdisk of my own by hitting CTRL+ALT+F2 during
installation but due to the way that LM 7.1 executes its install commands (via perl
modules if you hadn't looked) I cannot use mkinitrd. To elaborate it is preventing me
from using "with root /mnt" on the command line so all of the file pointers are
incorrect.

I know that the initrd.img is a gzipped ext2fs which is easily mounted via the
loopback device but I believe I need to use cpio to insert the appropriate megaraid.o
into the initrd.img. That's where I get stuck.

What I need help with is either:

A working command line for mkinitrd so I can add the megaraid module.

or

A custom initrd.img file that contains the megaraid module and an aic7xxx module.

TIA

Adam Hope
webmaster(nospam)@csl.gov.uk