:) ... my wife thinks the same thing about me sometimes. <-- in reference
to last comment. At first I hated Assembler because I was so stinkin
confused what with ALL the stuff that was going on at once and all the
rules that you had to know all at once to use it, and just when I THOUGHT
I was getting the hang of it the professor threw registers at us. I
thought I was going to swallow my own head! "Register
what? ...notation??" I had to take the class a second time before I really
got the hang of it and I really started to develope a strong liking for
it.

I like to code using sub-routines as opposed to straight-line logic
coding, and at times COBOL can be a real pain in the butt to try to do
this with. However, I found out quickly that Assembler is perfectly suited
for this as is PERL. I found that I could start the process in Assembler,
get the basics taken care of like loading ASA characters and clearing the
printline and anything else I had to do with dates or anything, then I
could branch to sub-routines the get other processes done that I would
have to repeat. So I had many small loops inside a large one. That was the
only way I could REALLY get a grasp on doing division in Assembler. That
was one concept that really threw me for a loop for a little while. At the
time I didn't know that there were News Groups just for Assembler
programming. Boy could I have made good use of those!

--
Mark

  ** Registered Linux user # 182496 **