On Sun, Jul 30, 2000 at 08:41:04AM +0000, Sevatio Octavio wrote:
> Where could I find some answers on the limits of partitioning your HD?
> i.e. Number of primary & logical partitions allowed.
>
> Seve

I posted a writeup on this list a while ago; check the archives.

Several of the responses in this thread are incorrect. You can have zero
to four extended partitions in the MBR. How deep you can nest extended
partitions is up to the operating system that interprets the data and the
version of fdisk that writes it. I believe Mess-DOS can only go one deep,
so you can only get 16 partitions with Mess-DOS.

--

                -- C^2

No windows were crashed in the making of this email.

Looking for fine software and/or web pages?
http://w3.trib.com/~ccurley

PGP signature