On Sun, Jul 30, 2000 at 12:12:54PM +0200, Alexander Skwar wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 29, 2000 at 11:29:24PM -0400, maxtor wrote:
> >
> > I want to have a web server but I don't want to use the default port "80".  I
>
> [...]
>
> > also.  But now I cannot log into my web server unless i put the port into my
> > url like http://www.myserveraddress.com:90 .  What am I doing wrong, or can I
> > even do this port 90 thing?   All help would be appreciated.
>
> That's the only way it works.  If you don't specify a port in your browser,
> the browser connects to (or tries to) port 80.

Right.

Why port 90? I checked in my copy of /etc/services, and port 90 is not
assigned right now. However, ports below 1024 are usually assigned by the
Internet Powers the Be, and you risk a collision at some time in the
future. I suggest you use a port above 1024.

--

                -- C^2

No windows were crashed in the making of this email.

Looking for fine software and/or web pages?
http://w3.trib.com/~ccurley

PGP signature