On Tue, 1 Aug 2000, Gilbert Baron wrote:

= Is there any answer to this yet/ If not, what does one do with LINUX, just
= say to oneself ahh well, we don't support you modern and common hardware but
= that is ok, just use an older version. Boy that makes for confidence in this
= toy.

I've been using Linux for nearly eight years and do everything with it
that I need to do on a computer, except CAD.  And now there's a CAD
package for Linux.  There's games, spreadsheets, webstuff out the wazoo,
TV and/or sound production, and a lot more.

The question is, what do you want to do on your computer?

And Linux does support a lot, if not most hardware.  In fact, Linux runs
on more hardware platforms than M$ stuff.  It's just that plain old Joe
consumer doesn't use an OS/390 or a Qube or a Dell rackmount....

Granted, there's a lot of hardware for which there is limited or no Linux
support.  That's just the marketplace, or shortsightedness, or both.  The
fact is that more and more manufacturers are coming around to supporting
Linux and you'll see all that change.

regards,
kf

=