I've installed MDK 7.1 (from scratch--new hard disk).  I was previously
using 7.0.

The backspace is doing that incredibly annoying Linux thing of acting
like a del key.
Since I use del an interrupt key (so I can map it to SysRq), this is
extremely annoying.

My /etc/sysconfig/keyboard is setting the Backspace to Backspace, and
thus it works as I want in the console.

Under X, "xev" shows that backspace generate a backspace, and delete
generates a delete, but they both do the same thing.  I've tried running
the International Keyboard program, and not running it.

This is really getting in my way, I *really* hope somebody can help me!!

--
"Brian, the man from babble-on"              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Brian T. Schellenberger                      http://www.babbleon.org