On Thu, Aug 03, 2000 at 05:58:08PM -0500, Vic wrote:
> I have an old HP DeskJet, no numbers or anything
> after it, just Deskjet, since its an older one,
> and has both parallel and serial hookups,
> would it work in Linux? It is a
> black and white printer.

Should work just fine. I have a Deskjet 500 which is about 7 years old. I
have it installed as a parallel printer on a Linux printer server, and I
can access it remotely using either lpd or Samba.

You will find that the speed is faster if you use it as a parallel
printer.

If you don't see exactly the model number you have in the printer
configuration tool, use the next lowest multiple of 100. You may not get
all your features that way, but you will have a working printer.

--

                -- C^2

No windows were crashed in the making of this email.

Looking for fine software and/or web pages?
http://w3.trib.com/~ccurley

PGP signature