On Fri, Aug 04, 2000 at 12:06:12PM -0400, Kikta LCpl Jason M wrote:
>       This may be a stupid question, but are there any anti-virus programs
> avalible for Linux? I've looked but never found any and never seem to even
> hear mention of any. Is it necessary? If not, why? Thanks.

What do you mean by anti-virus?

If you mean, anti-Linux virus: as far as I know, very few if any Linux
viri have been found in the wild, and your best protection against them is
good security and good security habits.

If you mean, and anti-virus program that runs on Linux but scans for
Windows viri, Fsecure makes one. It is very useful for "staging" downloads
or in a Samba environment. It does not find trojans, though.

--

                -- C^2

No windows were crashed in the making of this email.

Looking for fine software and/or web pages?
http://w3.trib.com/~ccurley

PGP signature