I think this not works cause of group permisions.
Perhaps you need to create a new user in a new html group and map their
home in /home/html and set the group ownership of /home/html to the
group of this new user.

Some like this:

adduser -g html -d /home/html -M -n html_up
chown -R .html /home/html
chmod -R g+w /home/html

> Don't know if it really going to solve your problem, but
>
> ln -s /home/http /home/rharvey/http
>
> ftp all your docs to /home/rharvey/http.
>
> --Greg
>
> > I am trying to ftp into my web server dir. permission is denied.
> > I was told by an expert to do a symolic link with my user dir
> and the http
> > dir. I thought I understood how to do this.
> > But I am at a loss can some one please tell me how to set up a
> link so that
> > I can ftp in and upload web pages to the main www directory.
> >
> > thanks

> Want free email? Sign up at http://www.freeze.com !

Consigue tu e-mail gratuito TERRA.ES
 Haz click en http://www.terra.es/correo/