> If you look at the source that applet is not javascript, it is a
> ScrollAd.Zip which SO Linux can not handle
> Go to any page at www.zdnet.com , check the source and you will see that
you
> do indeed have support for javascript in SO.
>
>    Charles

Please pardon my ignorance, but I've just looked at the source and it's
javascript that's used to call that applet (which is a java applet), why
doesn't it show on SO?  I'm not a java developer, but I've played a little
with it and if you've got some type of jre installed, you should be able to
interpret applets.  This isn't meant to be a stand-off, but a request for
knowledge.  This is something that has confused me for awhile, why IE can
display pages beautifully and even Netscape under windows looks great; boot
into linux and it's another story - pages look like crap compared to the
windows counterparts!

Thanks, Mike