Gary,

        I had the same problem on my Athlon 900Mhz box which had 128 Megs of
pc133. Well some how the bios fried on me (NOTE: remind me not to do that
again) After returning the motherboard to the manufacture and getting a
different one with a different cpu 1Ghz :) with the same ol' drives and
cards that I used before Linux was able to see all 128 megs. I also did not
reinstall Linux, just hooked everything up to the new motherboard. (and yes
I did reinstall and recompile my kernel later on)

Which leads me to think that the problem was in the motherboard. Hopefully
this puts you on the right path.

Cheers,
Eric Peters     Mail:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
System Administrator Network Operations