Mike & Tracy Holt wrote:

> Hello experts!
>         I'm kicking myself here; I had, at one point, a working usb zip drive.
> Don't know what I did, in fact I believe that Mandrake found and
> installed it without my intervention.  I've deleted and reinstalled my
> system a few times and never been able to get my zip working under Linux
> again.  Could someone please point me in the right direction?  I'm using
> Mandrake 7.1, I did an expert install and went with reiserfs.  I said
> 'no' to the 'any scsi interfaces' during install - is this my problem?
> I've even recompiled my kernel using the latest 2.4.xx from Mandrake,
> but still have never just had my zip auto-detected like it was the first
> time around.
>
> Thanks, Mike

I don't know if this is your answer, but when I was VERY NEW in Linux, (
I'm still new, but not as bad! ),
I installed Mandrake 5.2 or 5.3.  I had never gotten my zip working and
it was the parallel port version.
One install, I happened to have a formatted zip disk in the drive and
Mdk recognized it. Upon the next install, there was no zip in the drive
and it did NOT install..

Try to put a disk in the drive before you power up, then try the
install!

Hope this could be your answer..

Alan

[EMAIL PROTECTED] ([EMAIL PROTECTED])     Running RedHat Linux 6.2 and/or
BeOS 5.0.  No Windows involved